Today is Human Rights Day, held every year on the anniversary of the United Nations adopting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on 10 December 1948.
As we reported earlier the British government chose to mark this day by stripping refugees and dual nationality citizens of the UK of their human rights in defiance of international law. Now the British judiciary has overturned an earlier court decision and granted the US the right to deport Julian Assange in a High Court judgement today. The decision will be appealed. If we only do one thing today we should be putting Julian Assange all over social media. I made the image above from UN resources. You can too.
- Labour wrecks ceasefire vote
- Attorney General in yet another attack on the right to protest
- Scottish Labour Supports Motion for Gaza Ceasefire
- Galloway wins landslide
- Six Year Old Palestinian’s last moments
- How tech workers are rallying to the Palestinian cause
- Tech For Palestine
- Rochdale: Bye Bye By-election?
- Will an Israeli incursion into Rafah be a step too far?
- Who stands for the trans community?
- Shylock: From Venice to Cable Street
- Brianna Ghey Killers Caught and Revealed – But Will They Face an Honest Justice?
- Outrage at new bill which will give the DWP the right to snoop on claimants’ bank accounts
- Civil Servants tell politicians to stop supporting Genocide
- ICJ Ruling: Review
- Humanitarian disaster in Haiti
- Cultural Genocide in Gaza
- GCHQ Union Ban Remembered
- Aid To Gaza Suspended