Welcome! This month, as part of our focus on Health, we have important articles on the NHS and the Welfare State. Both were severely compromised under Blair, and this trend is gathering pace under the Tories with the tacit approval of Starmer and his Blairite shadow cabinet. Labour is the party of the NHS or it is nothing. It looks like they are settling for nothing, which makes the Day of Action for the NHS on Saturday 26th February so important.
This month we welcome two new contributors, writer Michelle Torez and our new photographer, Marilyn Tyzack.
What else is new? Well after a real struggle to locate an ethical bank that would accept us, Critical Mass Magazine now has a bank account. All we need now is some money! If you follow the donate tab on the menu bar we explain why we are asking for donations and how your money will be spent.
Our main reason for asking is to secure the future of Critical Mass as an independent voice on the left and to continue to deliver our content, free at the point of use, to all who can use it in the struggle for Socialism. All donors, large and small, will receive a warm glow of satisfaction as their reward for hastening the end of Capitalism.
Whether you can afford to donate or not please think about subscribing to our weekly newsletter where you will find updates on our podcast, The Socialist Hour, our daily news coverage and access to the free PDFs we produce for our weekly news briefing and for every issue of the magazine. And for daily updates you can follow us on Twitter and on Facebook.
- Hollywood writers win their strike as actors vow to carry on
- Lib Dems show their true colours (and it’s neither red nor green)
- Tories under pressure. Where is Labour?
- Sexual Violence and Online Dating – An outrage in the Outback
- Libya – the devastating legacy of foreign intervention
- Russell Brand: Victim or Villain?
- The moral vacuum at the heart of our politics
- The Bedroom Tax Ten Years On
- Start Socialism
- Snouts in the trough
- News Digest
- H is for Hope
- Notes from the Edge
- The Last Word – Is the phrase ‘Broken Britain’ masking the reality of the catastrophic impact of ongoing cuts?
- Sunday Socialist September 17th
- No peace for Ukraine
- Britain is being held to ransom by large multi-national manufacturing companies
We promise that if you subscribe we will never take money from your bank account, won’t send you endless emails trying to get you to buy something you never wanted in the first place and we will never share your details with any third party.
What we will do is send you regular newsletters to keep you up to date with what we are doing and give you handy links to the content we create. You can choose which newsletters to receive or unsubscribe at any time.
AND IT’S ALL FREE!!
Life long socialist. Now retired, I have been an office junior, a bookseller, a docker and a teacher. I write a lot and read a lot more. Committed member of the Society of Authors, English PEN and the National Education Union. Uncommitted member of the Labour Party. Will they expel me before my direct debit expires?