Welcome! This month, as part of our focus on Health, we have important articles on the NHS and the Welfare State. Both were severely compromised under Blair, and this trend is gathering pace under the Tories with the tacit approval of Starmer and his Blairite shadow cabinet. Labour is the party of the NHS or it is nothing. It looks like they are settling for nothing, which makes the Day of Action for the NHS on Saturday 26th February so important.
This month we welcome two new contributors, writer Michelle Torez and our new photographer, Marilyn Tyzack.
What else is new? Well after a real struggle to locate an ethical bank that would accept us, Critical Mass Magazine now has a bank account. All we need now is some money! If you follow the donate tab on the menu bar we explain why we are asking for donations and how your money will be spent.
Our main reason for asking is to secure the future of Critical Mass as an independent voice on the left and to continue to deliver our content, free at the point of use, to all who can use it in the struggle for Socialism. All donors, large and small, will receive a warm glow of satisfaction as their reward for hastening the end of Capitalism.
Whether you can afford to donate or not please think about subscribing to our weekly newsletter where you will find updates on our podcast, The Socialist Hour, our daily news coverage and access to the free PDFs we produce for our weekly news briefing and for every issue of the magazine. And for daily updates you can follow us on Twitter and on Facebook.
- Bye Bye Boris Bye Bye?
- Sunak and Javid quit. Johnson next?
- British Pension Funds Used To Pay For Israeli Oppression
- NATO Abandons Kurds to Ethnic Cleansing by Turkey
- Sunday Socialist July 3rd
- As the World recession deepens the cheerleaders of capitalism order more of the same
- Right To Protest Severely Restricted By New Laws
- Raab lies as Labour ignores the latest group of workers to strike
- G7 and the War in Ukraine
- Labour, The Workers and the Centrist Dilemma
- Sunday Socialist June 26th
- Trade unions are starting to fly again
- The media vs the rail unions
- Rail Strike: The Government Can Afford Decent Public Sector Pay Rises
- If the Centre Cannot Hold, is it Time for a Left Turn?
- We Demand Better
- Sunday Socialist June 19th
- Breaking news: Patel signs extradition order
We promise that if you subscribe we will never take money from your bank account, won’t send you endless emails trying to get you to buy something you never wanted in the first place and we will never share your details with any third party.
What we will do is send you regular newsletters to keep you up to date with what we are doing and give you handy links to the content we create. You can choose which newsletters to receive or unsubscribe at any time.
AND IT’S ALL FREE!!
Life long socialist. Now retired, I have been an office junior, a bookseller, a docker and a teacher. I write a lot and read a lot more. Committed member of the Society of Authors, English PEN and the National Education Union. Uncommitted member of the Labour Party. Will they expel me before my direct debit expires?