August 26, 2021
STOP THE HARM.
The science is clear. Climate breakdown is happening, and it's due to human activity. Mass flooding, Forests are burning - millions of climate refugees. We are heading full speed into mass social collapse, and we must turn this ship around!
Extinction Rebellion, XR Roads Rebellion, and HS2 Rebellion unite in non-violent direct action against the state that's killing our Earth and demands the UK Government - STOP THE HARM.
Enough ecological devastation, droughts, floods and storms.
Enough government failure.
Enough vanity projects
Enough short term profit for the few
We demand the Government put an immediate stop to all new fossil fuel investment and publicly commit to a legally binding just transition NOW.
- Instruct the Secretary of State for Transport to Cancel the RIS2 £27.4 billion road-building programme
- Cancel HS2 and redirect funding to sustainable transport.
- Create secure jobs within the emerging renewable energy market
- Decarbonise our housing stock
- Protect and restore our bio depleted habitats
- Prioritise climate breakdown mitigation and adaptation in Community Planning
Join XR South East UK as we march to deliver our Immediate Demand and hold Crisis Talks with key players.
Keynote speakers to be announced!
Open to all - bring yourself, bring your friends. Make your voice heard!